JACOB HESPELER CHILD CARE CENTRE
Board of Directors
Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centres is a not-for-profit organization providing inclusive high quality child care services to children from Infant to 12 years of age, which includes positive support to their families.
We are currently searching for individuals to join our Board of Directors. This is a volunteer opportunity for parents and community members to learn about the inner workings of the organization and help in it's direction.
The Board meets 4 times per year for approximately 2 hours, rotating through our centres. No prior experience is required.
If you are interested in joining our Board of Directors, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you have any questions or would like more information about this opportunity, please feel free to contact us at the e-mail address above and include in the subject line Board of Directors.
The Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centres' vision of the future is to become recognized as the premier provider of the child care services and programs in the Region of Waterloo. This image of excellence will occur as a result of establishing the following benchmarks for success:
-- Nurturing respect, imagination and creativity through provoking, interactive programs and services that allow children to celebrate their individuality and embrace their commonalities;
-- Programs that lay solid foundations encouraging strong communication skills that will have a positive influence on children for a lifetime;
-- Creating an engaging, dynamic environment in progressively designed facilities using the highest quality developmentally appropriate equipment and technology available;
-- Developing enterprising partnerships with parents and the community;
-- Providing leading-edge professional development training opportunities for staff;
-- Creating indoor and outdoor areas for exploration that allow for authentic interactions, respect and awe for nature.
Our vision will be realized through a collective commitment of staff and board members dedicated to a future that is rich in quality and accessible to our diverse community.
If you are interested in joining our professional team of Educators please contact our Executive Director Colleen Lehnen at:
Resume’s accepted by email:
VARIOUS RECE POSITIONS Various Locations
Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centres welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
“Children need teachers who are passionate, curious, joyful and committed to living life fully mindful.”Margie Carter/Deb Curtis
Top Ten Reasons To Work For Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centres
- Reggio inspired emergent curriculum that puts respectful relationships and the Image of the Child (strong, rich and capable: as having preparedness, potential, curiosity, and interest in constructing their own knowledge and theories) at the heart of all our programs.
- Professional competitive salary with a great benefit package including RRSP’s, sick days, emergency days.
- Parents are respected as a child’s first teacher.
- Children are respected as competent, resourceful, curious and capable.
- Educators are respected as individuals who are able to form warm nurturing relationships with children and their families.
- Warm caring colleagues committed to life long learning.
- Professional development encouraged and supported.
- Our educators are encouraged to live their lives joyously with children.
- Our teams are encouraged to play everyday.
- The support of hundreds of years experience from the teaching and supervisory team. Every voice is respected.